The Canadian government has plans to attract more skilled and talented immigrants in the coming years to help improve the economic impact in the country.
Over the years, Canada has proven that it has a great strategy and policies to attract students, skilled workers and immigrants. They also showed plans to integrate immigrants, investors and others into the Canadian labor market.
The government of Canada laid down policies and plans to retain students who graduate from a Canadian university, giving them a pathway to work and become permanent residents through the graduate work permit and other programs.
The policies that Canada boasts of to attract global talent has recently garnered a shimmering review from the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC) this time around.–
Canada is among the top countries in the world encouraging global talents especially in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
Behind all of the initiatives of Canada to drive the talent in is the Global Skills Strategy which also includes the Global Talent Stream, launched in June 2016.
Key Elements Of The Global Talent Stream
- There is a two-week processing time for all work permit application or visa for skilled talents.
- Full support and dedication for companies that wish to create jobs or invest in a province in Canada.
- All the companies who have applied or wish to apply for workers through the Global Talent Stream will be allowed to have unlimited access to the global stream application process that includes;
- the staff and workers in the company will have their work permit application processed within 10 working days.
- Secondly, the employees will have access to a client-focused service to aid them in the application process and the development of the Labour Market Benefits Plan, with a service standard of 10 business days.
- It also reduces the duration of work permits for all short-term skilled worker cases and short academic cases.
Generally, Canada is also one of the best destinations for immigrants, providing an easy immigration pathway for immigrants and shorter processing time for applications especially for international students and highly skilled workers.