Daycare supervisors are responsible for the safety and well-being of children in daycares. Daily tasks seen on a sample daycare supervisor resume include organizing activities for children, supervising daycare staff, keeping attendance records, identifying potential dangers to children, and taking action. security, and to organize meals and snacks for the children. The essential job requirements listed on a daycare supervisor resume are leadership, supervisory skills, attention to safety, responsibility and record keeping. Early childhood education training is required for this job.
if you have a valid work permit and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you do not have a work permit and is not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Becoming a child care center supervisor might be a great career choice for you if you’re passionate about the care and development of children, you can work with both children and adults, and you’re someone who can keep others on task, and enforce rules and regulations.
As a child care center supervisor (or daycare supervisor), you would be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the child care center, ensuring that the care and attention the children are receiving is consistent with the philosophy of the center.
You’d also be also responsible for program planning, working effectively with staff, working with families and children, connecting with the community, mentoring students, and various administrative responsibilities.
Bluesky Day Care
11913-134 Ave Edmonton, Alberta T5E 1L4
$17.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Full time (Day, weekend)
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise staff, trainees, or volunteers
- Order supplies and equipment
- Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
Maintaining a healthy, safe, welcoming, comfortable and fun environment for the children
• Liaising with local and regional Child and Family Services authorities
• Ensuring that all records are kept for children in the program
• Providing support and direction to caregivers regarding child development
• Conducting periodic staff meetings for the purpose of professional development
• Providing coverage for absent childcare givers when required
• Providing feedback and input for annual appraisals on each caregiver and all other staff
• Liaising with families, caregivers, sponsoring agencies, and appropriate faculty
• Presenting a positive image of the childcare center to the public
• Providing input concerning budget preparation
• Preparing purchase orders and receiving deliveries
• Assisting with the recruiting and hiring process
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, and taking children to local points of interest
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing, and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioral problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians, or supervisor
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children
- Assess the abilities, interests, and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
This job opportunity is valid until the 10th of March 2021
Method of Application
The application process is via email. Send an email including your cover letter and details to the email below